Find my reservationClose
1. The Description of the Procedure for Using the Queue Management Information System of the Vehicles Waiting to Cross the State Border of the Republic of Lithuania lay down the procedure for using the queue management system for vehicles waiting to cross the state border of the Republic of Lithuania (hereinafter referred to as EVIS).
2.1. free (non-booked) state border crossing time at the border checkpoints (hereinafter - BCP);
2.2. queues of the vehicles waiting at the BPCs.
3. After an EVIS user chooses available free border-crossing time period, selects the relevant BCP and submits the necessary data to the EVIS website, he can reserve the chosen crossing time period. The reservation shall be confirmed if the following conditions are met:
3.1. the user makes the payment using the payment methods specified on the EVIS website;
3.2. the relevant vehicle to be registered has not already been registered on the virtual queue.
4. When the vehicle arrives at the Waiting Area (Kybartai BCP – J. Basanavičiaus g. 55; Medininkai BCP – road No. 3 Vilnius – Minsk 29,9 km; Šalčininkai BCP in front of Šalčininkai BCP, Lavoriškes BCP – on the rod in front of the BPC), on the reserved time to cross the state border of the Republic of Lithuania, EVIS shall register the vehicle for border crossing and shall invite it (using the LED display) to move to the BCP.
5. Parking for up to one hour in the waiting areas in front of Kybartai, Merdininkai and Šalčininkai border check points, is free of charge. Drivers are required to pay a fee if their parking time is longer.
5.1. The parking fee is set by and paid to the owner or the lessor of the waiting area.
5.2. The parking fee is also applied to advance registrations in cases when drivers aren’t called to enter the border check point within one hour.
6. EVIS shall also register vehicles that have not reserved time for the crossing the state border of the Republic of Lithuania and that have arrived at the Waiting Area. They will have to wait in a general queue until the LED display will invite them to move to the BCP.
7. If pursuant to relevant legal acts vehicles have a priority right to cross the state border of the Republic of Lithuania, EVIS shall grant them such a priority pass.
8. EVIS offers an opportunity to conclude agreements with EVIS users on multiple EVIS service provision and becoming registered users.
9. The EVIS website users who are willing to choose the border crossing time period and make the reservation:
9.1. can select the BCP;
9.2. can select the possible time period for the crossing of the border;
9.3. shall specify the category of the vehicle on which the EVIS user will cross the state border:
A – motorcycles;
B – cars;
C – lorries;
D – buses.
9.4. shall provide the following data:
9.4.1. the model and make of the vehicle;
9.4.2. vehicle plate number;
9.4.3. the basis for a priority pass granted in compliance with the procedure established by law;
9.4.4. full name of the EVIS user as a natural person;
9.4.5. phone number of the EVIS user as a natural person;
9.4.6. e-mail address of the EVIS user as a natural person;
9.4.7. legal entity’s name;
9.4.8. legal entity’s code;
9.4.9. legal entity’s value added tax (VAT) number;
9.4.10. legal entity’s address;
9.4.11. legal entity’s phone number;
9.4.12. legal entity’s email address.
9.5. Payment for the reservation service shall be made using any of the payment methods indicated on the EVIS website (a bank transfer, credit card);
9.5.1. If the payment is not made during the time specified on the EVIS website, the reservation shall be cancelled.
9.6. The EVIS website shall confirm the reservation and specify the actual time when the vehicle has to arrive at the Waiting Area and the time period, when the vehicle will be directed to the relevant BPC.
9.7. One vehicle can have only one place in the virtual queue at a time.
9.8. The reservation can be modified only 3 times, but not later than three hours prior to the selected time of crossing the border. In order to modify the reservation the user has to provide (enter) the identification number of the reserved place (unique number) and the vehicle plate number;
9.8.1. With respect to B and D category vehicles only the border crossing time can be modified;
9.8.2. With respect to C category vehicles a non-registered user can only modify the border crossing time;
9.8.3. With respect to C category vehicles a registered user can modify both the border crossing time and the driver’s data.
9.9. The user of EVIS can cancel the reserved place in the queue by providing (entering) the place identification number (unique number) and the vehicle plate number.
9.10. The place in the queue shall be cancelled if:
9.10.1. the vehicle is invited at the BCP on the reserved time but this vehicle is absent in the Waiting Area;
9.10.2. the vehicle is invited to leave the Waiting Area and go to the BCP but fails to arrive at the BPC at the specified time;
9.10.3.if the vehicle has arrived more than 15 minutes later than the time, set for arrival at the Waiting Area;
9.10.4. the vehicle has entered the BCP;
10. State border crossing.
10.1. The vehicle shall drive to the selected BPC and the road signs shall direct it to the Waiting Area where an employee of the Service Provider (hereinafter referred to as the supervising employee) is always present.
10.2. When the vehicle drives into the Waiting Area, it shall stop at the lifting barrier and its number plate shall be scanned. If the number plate scanning fails, the driver shall consult the supervising employee using the communication device placed near the scanner. The supervising employee shall advise the driver about the actions that the driver has to make (replace the vehicle, clean the number plates). If scanning fails after the specified actions are performed, the supervising employee shall be entitled to register the vehicle identification number manually.
10.3. The scanning of the vehicle number plate shall determine if the vehicle has been registered in advance for state border crossing.
10.3.1. If the vehicle has been registered in advance, it shall be checked if it has arrived at the reserved time:
10.3.1.1. if the vehicle has arrived before the reserved time, the driver shall be offered either to join the general queue, or, when possible, drive to the Waiting Area and wait for the reserved time;
10.3.1.2. if the vehicle has arrived more than 15 minutes later than the time, set for arrival at the Waiting Area, the reservation shall be cancelled and the vehicle may be directed to the general queue.
10.3.1.3. if the vehicle has arrived on time, the vehicle number plate shall be scanned and the vehicle has to park and wait until is called to drive to the BCP.
10.3.2. If the vehicle has not registered in advance for crossing the state border, the vehicle number plate shall be scanned at entrance to the Waiting Area and the vehicle shall be put in the virtual queue.
10.3.3. The vehicle number plates of a priority vehicles shall also be scanned at the entrance to the Waiting Area and at the earliest opportunity they shall be directed to the BCP.
10.4. The process of state border crossing depends on many different factors and therefore a concrete time of the invitation to drive to the BCP may take place later than the time reserved by the EVIS user.
10.5. After the vehicle is invited to the BCP, it shall drive to the exit of the Waiting Area, where its number plates shall be scanned. If the numbers match with the numbers in the virtual queue, the automatic barrier shall be raised and the vehicle shall proceed to the BCP.
10.6. If the vehicle misses the queue and leaves the Waiting Area without invitation to drive to the BCP, the reservation in the queue shall be cancelled.
10.7. The time during which the vehicle invited to cross the state border should arrive at the BCP shall be set individually for every particular Waiting Area. The drivers shall be informed about the time period at the Waiting Area.
10.8. If the vehicle arrives at the entrance to the BCP on time, its plate number shall be scanned, the automatic barrier shall rise and the vehicle shall enter the BCP.
10.9. If the vehicle arrives at the entrance to the BCP later than the time reserved for it, it shall lose the right to enter the BCP. The vehicle shall be directed back Waiting Area and shall reregister for the state border crossing.
10.10. Instances of a priority pass through the state border.
10.10.1. A priority pass through the state border shall be given to the following:
- vehicles of official delegation members of the Republic of Lithuania and foreign states,
- vehicles carrying holders of diplomatic passports,
- vehicles carrying passengers on regular routes on the time specified in travel permits,
- cargo vehicles shipping the dead, perishable cargo, dangerous (1-9 class) cargo, livestock, goods for donations and charity,
- vehicles carrying tourist groups on non-scheduled routes or passenger groups that include children under the age of 16, tourist groups of third-country nationals or tourist groups of nationals of the Republic of Lithuania going to third countries,
- vehicles transporting persons carrying official notifications about the death of their close relatives, persons going to work, to school or coming back from such establishments, as well as the persons the list of whom is compiled by the State Border Guard Service of the Republic of Lithuania under the Ministry of the Interior in accordance with the established procedure, other persons entitled to a priority pass by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania, Government resolutions of the Republic of Lithuania,
- cars driven by people with disabilities who produce a vehicle registration certificate and certificate of disabled persons, and cars carrying people acknowledged as having occupational incapacity in compliance with the procedure established by law or persons with high special needs, disabled children who have shown a certificate of disability;
Such persons shall be allowed to enter and shall be checked on a priority basis not more than once per 24 hours.
10.10.2. If the vehicle having reserved time for the state border crossing has arrived on time and has been registered as having a priority pass through the state border, its driver entering the Waiting Area must provide the documents certifying such right to the supervising employee. If such documents are not provided, the reservation shall be cancelled and the vehicle shall be registered to the general queue.
11. Users of the EVIS may be registered and nonregistered users.
11.1. Registered EVIS users shall include natural and legal persons who have filled out an electronic form on the EVIS website and thus concluded agreements on EVIS service provision.
11.1.1. Registered users can register several C category vehicles at one time to cross the border through several border checkpoints, change the reserved time, and the driver’s data;
11.2. Non-registered users shall include natural persons and legal entities who use EVIS services but who have not concluded EVIS service agreements.
11.2.1. Non-registered users can register only one vehicle at one time and change the reserved time.
12. From January 2017 payment for the reservation has been imposed. Payment for a single reservation is 4,80 Eur for lorries (plus predictable remittance pay is 0.20 Eur), and 1,00 Eur for cars (plus predictable remittance pay is 0.15 Eur).
13. Advance internet reservation is optional, the reservation service is provided only on request.
14. The payment is determined by an assessment of the costs of providing the service of reservation and shall be approved by order of the Director of the Directorate of Border Crossing Infrastructure under the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
15. The users make the payments using the payment methods specified on the EVIS website. The payment is transferred into the account of the Directorate of Border Crossing Infrastructure under the Ministry of Transport and Communications (thereinafter – Directorate) .
16. The payment is not refundable under the following conditions:
16.1. a user of EVIS provides inaccurate data required;
16.2. a vehicle does not arrive at the waiting area;
16.3. a user at the waiting area, having received the invitation to cross the state border, is late to arrive at BCP, and as a result was excluded from the queue;
16.4. if a user had been registered as having a priority pass through the state border, but a driver, entering the waiting area, fails to provide the documents of confirmation of such a right;
16.5. the reservation is cancelled by the user.
17. If a vehicle is diverted to the general queue, because of the reasons, mentioned in article 16, and a user decides to make a new reservation, a new payment has to be made during the reservation.
18. The payment is due to be returned to the user only in case when entering the BPC is delayed by more than 5 hours, starting from the end of the reserved time slot, due to the reasons, irrespective of the user.
19. If, regarding the circumstances, described in article 18, the payment is due to be returned, a user has to submit the application (and a payment order, which was sent to the e-mail address, indicated by a user), to the Directorate (Gedimino pr. 26, Vilnius Pasienio kontrolės punktų direkcijai prie Susisiekimo ministerijos). The Directorate, having assessed the validity of the application, returns the payment (except a remittance pay) to the client’s bank account in the Lithuanian bank within 45 days from the day of the application reception.
Gedimino pr. 26, 01104 Vilnius
Tel.: (8 5) 262 0061; faks.: 262 00 81
El. paštas: firstname.lastname@example.org